“One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time.”
At Flemingdon Food Bank, we believe and value the time our local members give to bring meaningful change to our community. Take a look at our gallery that showcases our community efforts, you may even spot someone you know in action!
It is always a good time to get involved. Our mission is to provide food and assistance to families struggling with hunger. There are many ways you can get involved and we know that you’ll enjoy working alongside our friendly team and fabulous group of volunteers to build a better future for families that need assistance. Not only will you be helping others in need, you’ll also benefit from the experience yourself!
Volunteering in our local community helps you:
- Bring meaningful change
- Develop a network
- Build new skills
- Discover new interests
- Make friends
- Get involved in a cause you care about
- Feel a sense of unity with your fellow community members
- Boost your mood
- Gain real-world experience
- Contribute to a better future
- Foster a new perspective or outlook.
Ways to Get Involved
Looking to get involved but not sure how? Consider:
- Public Food Sorting Days – Help us sort through the large quantities of donations coming in during our annual drives.
- School Groups – Take a break from the classroom to do some hands-on learning and give back in a meaningful way.
- Community Groups – We love to collaborate with other adult community groups like senior centers and church groups.
- Corporate Social Responsibility– Why not team build with your staff while giving back to the community!
- Distribution – Interact with our clients and form relationships by distributing our goods.
- Inventory – Help us keep the warehouse stocked and organized.
- Donate – If you are already involved in other activities and don’t have time to give we sincerely appreciate food or monetary donations.
- Local Event Support – We can always use extra hands planning and implementing our fundraising events!
We deeply appreciate the efforts of our community to make our work at the Flemingdon Food Bank possible. It would not be possible to serve such a large population without the manpower of our volunteers who selflessly give their time and energy to help their fellow community members in need of assistance.
Change is a team effort! We love to showcase the charity work our community does. Don’t forget to view more photographs to see the countless ways in which our volunteers are putting their time, skills, and hearts to good use.
If you are looking for more information, don’t be afraid to contact us or call (416) 422-4322. We look forward to the possibility of working with you in the future. Together we can make a difference!